Sunday, January 22, 2017

Waypoint Event Center

First Wedding of 2015 was this past April at the Waypoint Event Center in New Bedford.  The Brides color scheme was a gorgeous combination of navy, gray and blush. This is my first blog about the recent weddings we have created so bear with me.  I will try to be descriptive and offer some insight in the behind the scenes of our work and what it entails.
 The brides floral choices consisted of white and blush standard roses with a combination of spray roses as well.  She had also requested sweet pea, which at first I was unsure if I could get in, luckily it was available. 
Thankfully I had decent lighting in the shop and my camera is somewhat fancy.  You can almost smell the sweet pea...such a gorgeous bouquet.  During this this photo shoot, my daughter Leah was traipsing around and picked up one of the bridesmaids bouquet, which I quickly snapped this picture:
Tinkerbell was too cute....wedding work is some of my favorite design work.  I love to create something unique for each of my clients and love the reactions when the see the finished product.  
Corsage work is one of my favorite things as well.   We use a lightweight wrist band that can have a variation of pearls or gem beads and the corsage itself is comfortable in sizing for the Client.  I like to accent it with a satin or sheer ribbon to complement the dress color if its provided.  Otherwise I try to keep things neutral. 
inally, the set up at the Waypoint was fairly simple.  All of the centerpieces were already made so it was a matter of placement, and petals around the base as a final touch.  The Waypoint is beautiful inside.  The room located on the second floor attached to the hotel provides an intimate reception with intricate stonework. Perfect for a small intimate wedding or event. 
I loved how perfect that bow was tied by the wedding coordinator, who by the way, was a pleasure to work with.  And finally, my little one once again the center of attention during the photo shoot as she was grabbing for my camera.
I loved the stone work in this venue. 
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment